Ph.D from IIT Bombay in October, 2010
title: “Analysis of SSR Performance of
TCSC Control Schemes using Discrete-Time TCSC Models’’
SSR – Sub synchronous
Resonance, TCSC – Thyristor Controlled Series Compensator
M.E. (Electrical): (May 2000) from L. D. Engineering College, Ahmedabad with 77 %.
B.E. (Electrical): (June 1992) from S.V. Regional College of Engineering and Technology, Surat
(SVNIT) with 65.5%
Worked as Associate Professor in Electrical
Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering, Dr S & SS Ghandhy Government
Engineering College, Surat, February 2008 to Nov 2014. I am also worked as Head of
Electrical Engineering Department, which involves all sorts of administrative
Worked as Lecturer in Electrical Engineering at L. D.
College of Engineering from December 1999 to July 2005.
Worked as Lecturer in
Electrical Engineering at Government Polytechnic Bhuj from March 1994 to Dec
Very Good Communication Skill
Inter Connected Power System
Testing and Commissioning of Electrical equipments
Principal of Government Engineering college Valsad
Chairman of Board of Studies Electrical GTU
Member of Board of Studies Electrical Charusat University Changa
Member of Board of Studies Electrical Kadi University
1. Sanjay R. Joshi, A. M. Kulkarni, “Analysis of SSR Performance of TCSC Control Schemes Using a Modular High Bandwidth Discrete-Time Dynamic Model,” IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 840-848, May. 2009.
2. Sanjay R. Joshi, Elizabeth P. Cheriyan, A. M. Kulkarni, “Output Feedback SSR Damping Controller Design Based on Modular Discrete-Time Dynamic Model of TCSC,” IET Gener. Transm. Distrib. , vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 561-573, 2009.
1. Sanjay R. Joshi, A. M. Kulkarni, “Comparative Evaluation of Discrete-Time Dynamic Models of TCSC,” Proc. 16th Power Systems Computation Conf., Glasgow, U.K., Jul. 14-18, 2008, Paper No. 120
2. Sanjay R. Joshi, A. M. Kulkarni, “A Modular Sample-Invariant Discrete-Time Dynamic Model of TCSC,” International Conf. on Power Systems, Bangalore, India, Dec. 2007, Paper No. 51
3. Sanjay R Joshi, Mahipalsinh Chudasama, A.M. Kulkarni, “Evaluation of Performance of FACTS based Phase Imbalance Schemes for Damping Torsional Oscillations and Power Swings”, International Power System Transients, Delft, Netherlands, 2011
Life Member of ISTE
Reactive Power Compensation